The diet for gastritis implies mild nutrition, designed to reduce inflammation in the gastric mucosa. Depending on the acidity of the gastric juice and the stage of the disease, different types of diets are prescribed.
There are general principles for a gastritis diet:
- Fractional nutrition - you need to eat 5-6 times a day in small portions;
- The temperature of the food is moderate - very hot or very cold food is not allowed;
- Fatty foods are taboo for all types of diets for gastritis of various etiologies;
- Spicy spices and any alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited;
- Stop smoking.
Diet for chronic gastritis with high acidity
A diet for chronic gastritis with increased secretion is prescribed, first of all, to normalize the acidity of gastric juice and reduce the clinical manifestations of the disease - painful abdominal pain, heartburn, headaches.
The diet is dominated by dishes of cooked vegetables, milk and dairy products, dishes cooked or steamed with meat and fish. Kissels (milk or fruit), porridge and rice, whole milk and grated soups have excellent wrapping properties.
The diet for gastritis with high acidity prescribes to avoid the following foods:
- Rye bread, muffins and freshly baked products;
- Sorrel, rhubarb, radish, radish, cabbage, cucumber, unripe green fruits;
- Canned foods of all kinds;
- Fermented dairy products;
- Vegetables, pearl barley, barley groats and millet;
- Fat and vigorous meat.
Example diet menu for chronic gastritis with high acid production
Option # 1
- Breakfast: vegetable salad with butter, boiled fish, mashed potatoes, tea, oil;
- Second breakfast: cottage cheese pudding with apples, carrot juice;
- Lunch: vegetable puree soup, meat souffle with pasta, jam;
- Afternoon snack: milk, cookies;
- Dinner: lazy cookies, tea;
- At night: milk (every day).
- Breakfast: cooked carrots, mashed in a sieve with vegetable oil, dietary sausages in natural casings, tea, oil;
- Second breakfast: homemade cottage cheese, rosehip broth;
- Lunch: oat soup, cooked chicken fillet, buckwheat porridge, pear jam;
- Afternoon snack: plum jam;
- Dinner: protein omelet, rice milk porridge, tea.
- Breakfast: cooked beets seasoned with vegetable oil, steamed meatballs with rice, butter, tea;
- Second breakfast: baked apple with raisins and cottage cheese;
- Lunch: cabbage soup, cooked meat, grated in the sieve, oats, jam;
- Afternoon snack: milk, toasted bread;
- Dinner: semolina, tea.
These gastritis diet menu options are prescribed during clinical remission. The diet with exacerbation of gastritis with high acidity differs in that all dishes are consumed in pure form. Only small pieces of meat or cooked fish are allowed twice a week.
Diet for atrophic gastritis
The main task of the diet for gastritis with reduced secretion is to promote the secretion of gastric juice for the complete assimilation of food. Dishes should be steamed or boiled, less often cooked.
A diet for gastritis with low acidity prohibits the use of foods that cause increased fermentation in the stomach:
- Whole milk;
- Yeast and pastry products;
- Canned foods;
- Vegetables, cabbage, grapes, radishes, cucumbers, onions and garlic;
- Lard and smoked products.
Diet menu for exacerbation of gastritis with low acidity
In chronic gastritis with reduced secretion during acute exacerbation, you should eat puree in small portions. The atrophic gastritis diet includes mucous cereal soups, butter, grated cottage cheese, cooked meat, low-fat fish, vegetable and fruit puree, viscous cereals made from milk cereals, boiled eggs, stale white bread, cookies, infusion of rosehip.
The diet for acute gastritis with reduced secretion is used for 3-4 weeks and then replaced with a larger diet. The diet for gastritis in remission consists of various cereals, steamed meat and fish dishes, cereal soups in broth. Pieces of fish, meatballs, fried chops without breading are allowed.
Following a diet for atrophic gastritis, you should eat fermented dairy products (especially kefir), cheeses, various dishes of cottage cheese (puddings, soufflés, casseroles), fruit and fruit jams, mousses.
An example of a diet menu for gastritis with low secretion for one day:
- Breakfast: steamed meatballs, tea;
- Lunch: barley soup in broth, fried chops without bread, mashed potatoes, apple jam;
- Afternoon snack: tea, cookies;
- Dinner: cottage cheese casserole, mashed oatmeal with milk, tea;
- For the night: kefir or fruit and berry jelly.
Diet with exacerbation of gastritis is complemented by the appointment of fruit and vegetable juices, vitamin complexes.
Diet for erosive gastritis
In the diet for erosive gastritis, soups with a viscous consistency come first. They have excellent surrounding properties, which urgently need eroded stomach walls. The menu of the diet for erosive gastritis should include rice porridge, buckwheat, oats in milk or cream (preferably), with the addition of butter. Dishes of steamed meat (chops, meatballs), boiled eggs, homemade non-acidic curd, jams and jams are mandatory in the diet.
It is necessary in the diet menu for acute gastritis with erosions to introduce liquid mashed potatoes, as well as raw potato juice (once a day). This vegetable has an excellent healing effect and also relieves pain perfectly.
The list of prohibited foods in the diet for gastritis with erosion includes: any canned food, fatty and fried foods, yeast dough pastries, fresh sour-flavored fruits and their juices. In the diet for acute erosive gastritis, there should be no tea (black and green), coffee, fruit juices.